To all women: A Calling

What comes to your mind the first time you wake up in the morning? 

To me, my answer would be one of my 'favourite' what-ifs and worst scenarios. There have been so many days in this year when I even let myself lying on bed all day long, consuming my mind with things unnecessary - fears, worries and doubts. For anyone who knows, I am so good at being worried about everything. So when I was lying on my bed, doing nothing, I knew I was actually drowning myself into my own worries. I was disturbing my heart and soul with any worst scenarios I could think of; my all non-sense imaginations that could possibly become reality (in my own view). 

One day, with tears flooded into my eyes and fears into my mind, unbeatable, I still knew God would meet me here. It was like a small whisper to my ears that even in the midst of my most painful and unbearable fears, there is still God, and He's not moved by my doubts. 

I tried to reach out to the Bible, opened it randomly and stopped at any page, hoping that God would speak to me and meet me at wherever the page I saw first. And He knew my heart. This story was the place where He stopped by, once again, just to meet me... 

At the Home of Martha and Mary

38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
- Luke 10:38-42

The story immediately hit me. While Martha was completely worried about so many things that she got upset, Mary was sitting still at Jesus' feet, and with sparks in her eyes she couldn't stop beaming at whatever God was speaking to her. Oh, I can imagine how beautiful and lovely Mary must be!
This short story sums up the only best thing that any women could ever do instead of spending most of their time for worries and letting themselves be distracted with fears: Sitting at His feet, listening to Him. Women aren't called to worry and fear over everything. Think about it. Everyday, we can be totally worried over our unfit dresses and jeans, our bad hair day, our cakey or creasy make up, our relationships, our diet plans, our family, our everything. 
We are not called for these things. Jesus called us to sit at His feet and listen to His Word. His desire for us is to see a radiant in each of us that can only be found in Him... This is where our true and unfading beauty comes, as He has said:

"IT WILL NOT BE TAKEN AWAY FROM HER."


Let's become the Mary of this generation... This is our real beauty, our true calling every time and everywhere... to sit at His feet and to listen to His Word :) 

Today, what are the words He's saying to you? Sit still and listen to Him. Write them down and hold onto His words. He may be whispering His messages to you, and you may not hear Him until you choose to turn off the record of your worries first. Remember, only choose what is better - what is best: His presence. It will not be taken away from you. 

Comments

Popular Posts